a Pywin Outlook adress Book Question

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 04:43:30 EDT 2006

[Kai Mayfarth]

| Ist there a way to search a Adressbook over Python for a
| special contact.
| I know how i read and write a contact, but know i have to search over
| Python for some contacts, because the adress book has know over 1700
| entrys, and it tooks a long time to get them all over the Com
| object to
| python.

As far as I can see from a quick glance, there is no method
of the AddressList or AddressEntries objects which calls into
the Outlook code itself to search, so you seem to be stuck
with iterating over all the AddressEntry items until you find
the one you want. From what you say above you already know
how to do that.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk