Writing Video conference software for Windows

Paolo Pantaleo paolopantaleo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 08:09:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need to write a software that allow to see the desktop and hear the
microphone capture of a remote PC across a network. I need to do that
for a unviresity assignement. The software must  run on Windows. Since
I like Python very much I am thinking to write that software in
Python. Do you thinkit is a good choice? Are there libraries for audio
compression (OGG or MP3 or maybe GSM or something like realaudio) and
video compression (btw what can be some good libraries to transmit
images of a desktop in a bandwidth-efficent way?). What about capture
of audio and screen? (Probably i will need some Win32 system call,
there are bindings in Python, aren't they?)

If I needed to write some Python modules in C, would it be difficult?

Can some language like C# or C++ may be better?

Thnx
PAolo

--
if you have a minute to spend please visit my photogrphy site:
http://mypic.co.nr