HTTP GET Explodes...

Pete harbingerofpeace at post.com
Sun Sep 24 12:00:24 EDT 2006

> > >       Off-hand -- I'd suggest you do a search of your computer for any
> > > occurrence of
> > >       httplib.py
> > >       httplib.pyc
> > >       httplib.pyo
> > > on the odd chance that you are picking up some corrupted version...
> >

> Don't search; just open the lid and read the label that's tied around
> the culprit's neck; example:

> | 'c:\\python24\\lib\\httplib.pyc'
>
> If you want to see where it finds *everything* that's imported, run
> Python with the -v arg.
> If you want to see where it looks for each module imported, use -vv
> (that's vee vee, not dubya).
>
> HTH,
> John
>
> HTH,
> John

Thanks to all for your assistance. Not sure what the problem was, but
the problem no longer exists. In an attempt to track down the
environmental variables I rebooted the system a few times and the
example code I was working with does indeed work on my system.

After upgrading python I exited my interactive session and jumped back
in to an interactive session which displayed the new python version
number. Experienced problems. Now, no problems. Not sure what made the
problem(s) go away... Very odd...
--
Pete