f2py on windows tutorials

Flavio fccoelho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:38:05 EDT 2006

Ok,

I tried that and it seems we are making progress

so here is my command:

python setup.py build_ext --compiler=mingw32 --fcompiler=gnu

Now it is complaining about my pyf!!

error: unknown file type '.pyf'

here is my setup .py:

import setuptools, os
from numpy.distutils.core import setup, Extension

#Configuring Build
libs=[];libdirs=[];f2pyopts=[]
if os.name == 'nt':
    f2pyopts.extend(["--compiler=mingw32","--fcompiler=gnu"])

flib = Extension(name='flib',
                        libraries=libs,
                        library_dirs=libdirs,
                        f2py_options=f2pyopts,

sources=['model-builder/Bayes/flib.f','model-builder/Bayes/flib.pyf',]
                        )
etc...