"list index out of range" error

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 20 19:08:20 EDT 2006

"sam" <python.sam at googlemail.com> writes:

> hey everybody, this is my first time posting here. i'm pretty new to
> python and programming in general (as you'll soon work out for
> yourselves...)

On behalf of the entire Python community, *thank you* for putting this
disclaimer only in the body of your message and using the Subject
field for a descriptive summary of the topic.

There are far too many threads where the only information available
from the Subject is "I'm a newbie, help!" which is worse than useless
for knowing what the thread is about. Thank you for not following this
tedious trend!

--
 \      "If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly |
  `\                   owned if it is not shared."  -- Saint Augustine |