a different question: can you earn a living with *just* python?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 10:46:48 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> But what if you are an expert Python program and have zero clue about
> other languages?

Python is not a trivial language (think of generators, decorators,
metaclasses, etc)
If you can master it, you can master even other languages, so I would
hire somebody
who knows Python only.  Notice that by "knowing Python" I mean also
knowing its
standard library and the most common Python third party libraries (GUI
toolkits, XML toolkits, SQL libraries, twisted, etc. etc.)

     Michele Simionato