Problem loading true-type font with PIL - "solved"

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 06:01:46 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Christian Stapfer wrote:
>
>> Problem "solved" by rudely installing PIL 1.1.5 for Windows and
>> Python 2.4 from http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
>> right on top of my existing "Python Enthought Edition--Python
>> 2.4.3 for Windows". This might have destroyed the consistency
>> of the overall installation, of course. I'm well punished
>> for installing Enthought Python 2.4.3: Next time I will again
>> install all packages that I need myself, as I did for Python
>> 2.3, instead of using a prepackaged distribution like Enthought
>> Python.
>
> Since the truetype extension is quite popular, and from what I'm told
> worked just fine in earlier Enthought releases, this is probably just an
> accidental omission.  I'm sure the Enthought people will fix this if you
> report it to them.

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/ticket/864

The person who builds the Enthought Edition releases is out on vacation this
week, so a new release will probably wait until he comes back. In the meantime,
installing Fredrik's binaries on top of ours should work just fine.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco