IronPython 1.0 - Bugs or Features?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Sep 6 17:42:59 EDT 2006

Warnings is one of the features that didn't quite make it for v1.0.  In general w.r.t. non-ASCII characters you'll find IronPython to be more like Jython in that all strings are Unicode strings.  But other than that we do support PEP-263 for the purpose of defining alternate file encodings.

We're also aware of the startup time and will be working on reducing that in the future.  Thanks for the feedback!