How to build extensions on Windows?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Sep 13 19:28:10 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> John Machin wrote:
>
> > Any support for the radical notion of the error message giving the full
> > path of the file that it's complaining about? If so, I'll lob in an
> > enhancement request in the morning ...
>
> there's always "python -vv", of course.

Thank you; I wasn't aware of that. Given that (as at 2.4.3) searching
the .chm docs for "interpreter", "command", and "option" don't yield
any pointers to the interpreter command line options, and given that
python -h gives no clue:
"""
-u     : unbuffered binary stdout and stderr (also PYTHONUNBUFFERED=x)
         see man page for details on internal buffering relating to
'-u'
-v     : verbose (trace import statements) (also PYTHONVERBOSE=x)
-V     : print the Python version number and exit
-W arg : warning control (arg is action:message:category:module:lineno)
"""

could you please explain "of course"? I'm not sure how the general
populace could have known, apart from vague recollections of some Unix
utilities using a -v, -vv, -vvv etc convention.

TIA,
John