HTTP Server Root Folder

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 5 09:42:35 EDT 2006

placid wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have this BaseHTTPServer.HTTPServer that is located at C:\ (im on
> Windows XP), when i run the program (httpserver.pyw) from the Run
> Dialog as "C:\httpserver.pyw" the root folder ("\") for http server is
> C:\, but when i add an entry to Registry Run so that it runs at boot
> time, the root folder becomes "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>" ?
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is?

Yes. Rather obviously, these two different ways of running programs
assert different working directories for the program.

A simple way around this would be to have your program make an
os.chdir() call to ensure the correct working directory before it starts
the server.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119