How to change font direction?

theju thejaswi.puthraya at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 01:44:28 EDT 2006

Well here are some self explanatory functions that I've written for
displaying the text vertically and from right to left. As for rotation
gimme some more time and i'll come back to you. Also I don't guarantee
that this is the best method(cos I myself am a newbie), but I can
guarantee you that it works.
Here it goes...

im=Image.open("imgfile.jpg")
draw=ImageDraw.Draw(im)

def verdraw(width,height,spacing,a="Defaulttext"):
	for i in range(0,len(a)):
		draw.text((width,height),a[i],(<options>))
		height+=spacing

def right2leftdraw(width,height,spacing,a="Defaulttext"):
	for i in range(0,len(a)):
		draw.text((width,height),a[len(a)-i-1],(<options>))
		width += spacing

<options> is a 3 field length tuple is mentioned in the PIL-Handbook.
Hope you find it useful
-Theju