wxPython and threading issue

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:46:49 EDT 2006

If your thread is long running and it is not possible to easily set a
flag for it to check and bail out, then how does it display the
progress in the progress dialog. How often does that get updated? If
the progress dialog is updated often, then at each update have the
thread check a self.please_die flag, for example, and break out
(possibly after releasing some resources...).

Having the work done in an external process might or might not work
easily for your problem. It will make it easy to kill the execution but
it might be OS dependent, and you will have to define some
communication interface between your processes (for example, how would
an external process easily provide progress feedback to its parent?).