Building things with setup.py

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 00:24:53 EDT 2006

James Stroud wrote:
> Well I added those arguments to $LDFLAGS, but it seemed like a pretty
> miserable hack, especially the "-shared" part.

Hmmm. Did you have $LDFLAGS set to anything (or more likely, nothing) before?
I.e. did you have something like this?

   export LDFLAGS=""
   python setup.py build

If such environment variables are present, I think that numpy.distutils may
clobber the values that are inferred from the configuration.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco