Problem on getting various character set from pop3.retr

GM garymok33 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 22:56:59 EDT 2006

Dear all,

The problem that I am facing now is that, when I use poplib to get a
email message with chinese character set like big5, the character
string is changed automatically to sth like =B8=D5=ACQ=AAM...the OS I
am using is red hat ES4 and the python version I am using is 2.3.4 (it
seems python 2.4 is not available for red hat). My application goal is
to receive the email and convert all character set to UTF-8 and then
store in file. So....long way to go for me, please give me some help
for that, thx~

Regards,

Gary