MySQLdb and mod_python issue

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 27 02:53:40 EDT 2006

Alvin Delagon wrote:
> I have a mod_python script that is always crash while connecting to
> mysql server. Here's a dump of the apache error log:
>
> [Wed Sep 27 13:27:42 2006] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module
> 'test' with path set to '['/var/www/html/XBox2']'
> [Wed Sep 27 13:27:42 2006] [notice] child pid 27793 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> MySQLdb works well on the command line version of my application. Anyone
> know how to fix this? It dies on the line where MySQLdb.connect () is
> called. Thanks in advance.

With an error like that it seems possible you've installed a mismatched
version of MySQLdb on your web server. Servers are frequently not
running the latest version of Python - did you just copy the extension
fro your desktop machine to the server?

Your output implies that there's only one directory on the path - could
it be that you've overwritten sys.path, making all Python modules invisible?

Other possibilities include a different server environment, but a
segfault is a pretty serious indication of error, so I'd make sure
everything is version matched before you look elsewhere.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119