Newbie - ? get IDLE going on cygwin

David J. Braden dbraden at invalid.add
Wed Sep 13 23:58:20 EDT 2006

Jason Tishler wrote:
> Dave,
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 03:33:01PM +0000, David J. Braden wrote:
>> I can now confirm that, yes, IDLE pops up w/o menus under cygwin.
>
> You should be able to workaround this problem by executing idle with the
> "-n" option:
>
>     $ idle -n
>
> Jason

Worked great. This "exercise" has also raised my comfort level with the
whole endeavor. To get rebaseall going, I was told to install the
*entire* cygwin package. Good time to paint a couple of rooms, clean the
gutters, ... But that install, plus your last suggestion, have me
further along, to be sure. I am really impressed by the number of tools
out there that work with, or were developed specifically for, Python.

Regards,
DaveB - /not/ a professional programmer. Just a very well-trained nerd.