include statement

joakim.hove at gmail.com joakim.hove at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 02:50:48 EDT 2006

Thanks to all who took time to answer!

> > is it possible in python to include another python source file into the
> > current namespace, i.e.completely analogous to the #include statement
> > in C.

[...]

> Tell us why you are contemplating such a thing, and someone
> here will help you implement it the "Pythonic" way.

My application has a configuration file where lots of variables are
set. (The configuration file is python source, so there is no
home-brewed parsing involved.) The configuration file is starting to
get quite large and unwieldy, so for this reason I would like to split
it in several files.

I know I could do:
from configA import *
from configB import *

But I felt that the import statemant was 'more' than I wanted. Maybe I
am just pedantic.

Regards

Joakim