SQLwaterheadretard3 (Was: Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?)

Marty stupidityreigns at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:44:30 EDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Mike Owens <mikeowens at gmail.com> wrote:
> I coworker pointed me to this thread.

Joy for us.

> < snipped good information >

In all seriousness, the information you present here is great, and
much appreciated. Your sarcastic, condescending tone kind of gets in
the way of the message, though.

And here is the crux of the issue. Sqlite doesn't follow the standard
for sql. The name certainly implies that it would. This doesn't make
it a crappy product, but it is certainly misleading. I must admit,
that after 10 years of oracle experience, I don't necessarily read all
of the documentation for a new dbms I'm trying out, particularly a
light weigth variety. I get in, and try things. Sometimes I get
bitten, but I learn better that way. I would expect, however, for each
product with 'sql' in the name, to, at least by default, adhere to the
standard. And expectations are what set this conversation up.

But, I don't expect that anything productive will come from the rest
of this thread. Your post had the stink of zealotry all over it, and
we all know what happens when a zealots favorite is questioned.

Again, thanks for the info. It'll serve me well when I'm playing with
sqlite later.