Problem loading true-type font with PIL - "solved"

Christian Stapfer nil at dev.nul
Sat Sep 2 12:23:37 EDT 2006

Christian Stapfer wrote:

> After switching from Python 2.3 to 2.4 (Enought),
> PIL throws an exception that did not occur formerly
> (under Python 2.3) when executing
>
>    ImageFont.truetype(font, size)

<snip/>

> A module seems to be missing: do I have to install something
> in addition to PIL in order to be able to load true-type fonts?

<snip/>

Problem "solved" by rudely installing PIL 1.1.5 for Windows and
Python 2.4 from http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/
right on top of my existing "Python Enthought Edition--Python
2.4.3 for Windows". This might have destroyed the consistency
of the overall installation, of course. I'm well punished
for installing Enthought Python 2.4.3: Next time I will again
install all packages that I need myself, as I did for Python
2.3, instead of using a prepackaged distribution like Enthought
Python.

Regards (and sorry for having bothered you with my silly
posts about this problem),
Christian Stapfer