distutils on Windows with VC++ 8

NoelByron at gmx.net NoelByron at gmx.net
Fri Sep 22 07:55:48 EDT 2006

I use the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 to compile Python extension for
Python 2.4. Once installed, it works well. With and without distutils.
I also have a installation of Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine.

See:
http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/
for more information.

There are a lot of tools 'missing' in VTK 2003 for example nmake or
cvtres. If you need them, you can copy them from your VS 2005
installation. BTW VTK 2003 does not come with debugging versions of the
runtime libs. That means you can not build debug releases this way.

HTH,
Noel