CONSTRUCT -

lazaridis_com ilias at lazaridis.com
Sun Sep 3 18:16:49 EDT 2006

Simon Forman wrote:
> lazaridis_com wrote:
> > I would like to fulfill the following task:
> >
> > The construct:
> >
> > if __name__ == '__main__':
> >
> > should be changed to something like:
> >
> > if identifier.name == '__main__':

> > Context:
> > http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Lang
> > http://case.lazaridis.com/ticket/6
>
> I'm sorry, you post makes very little sense.  If all you want to do is
> implement a less "ugly" verision of "if __name__ == '__main__':", a
> quick search on google should turn up several ways.

this happend already within another thread/ticket:

http://case.lazaridis.com/changeset/45

this here is aboute the underscores in "__name__".

-

search engines are full of information, but when looking for standard
constructs and ways to do something, I rely on feedback from domain
experts.

some search-engine hits:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-list/830424
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496930