IDLE - Customizing output format

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Sep 26 19:34:55 EDT 2006

At Tuesday 26/9/2006 15:29, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:

> >  >>> def f(obj):
> >       print '    ' + repr(obj)
> >
> >  >>> sys.displayhook = f
>
>I've placed this code within /Lib/sitecustomize.py, but have one
>strange result:

>   : <bound method Talker.sayHello of <talker.Talker instance at
>0x00DEA198>>
>Hello world
>   : None
> >>>

>1st: "Hello world" comes still on the beginning.
>2nd: I got this "None"

The replacement should be a bit more complicated, taking None into
account - see the original PEP for details
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0217/
And notice that this replaces the output of *evaluated* expressions,
not any print statement executed inside your code.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).