does anybody earn a living programming in python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Sep 26 01:46:48 EDT 2006

walterbyrd wrote:

> I'm surprised. It seems I never see listings for python developers.

someone just posted this

 > Site          Perl      Python
 > Hotjobs       2756       655
 > Monster      >1000       317
 > Dice          4828       803

to the "talking to marketing people" thread (see that thread for a
discussion of what those numbers really mean).

> I didn't mean any disrespect. I think python is a great language. It
> just doesn't seem like there is much demand for professional python
> developers.

well, if you're only watching mtv, it's easy to think that there's
obviously not much demand for country singers, blues musicians, British
hard rock bands, or melodic death metal acts.

</F>