fail to indent in inner loop

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Sep 15 11:33:38 EDT 2006

perltcl at yahoo.com wrote:

> I've started learning python. I was typing from a tutorial,
> and I fail to indent on an inner loop.
> I got an error and all my previous typed lines are gone.
> is there a way to prevent this.
> i don't mind editing the last line, but to lose all the previous lines
> are too much.
> (since it has history function like bash.)

Use an IDE or editor that allows you to execute the code in the current
buffer. Thus you have the full editing capabilities combined with
interactive probing.

Python also has an option -i that when used together with a input file
makes it drop to the prompt - thus you can setup some things, and then
simply play around.

Diez