Getting Process Name on Win32

Rama ramasubramani.g at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 06:56:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

     I want to list the names of all the processes running on my machine. I
am stuck at this point and do not know how to extract the name of a process.

     Using win32process.EnumProcesses, I am able to obtain the pids of all
the processes and using win32api.OpenProcess() I have obtained a handle to
the process. However, I could not find an appropriate method to provide me
the name of the process. I went through the available documentation on the
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/pywin32/win32.htmlsite
- but could not find something to help me.

     Could some one please guide me on this?

thanks,
Rama