does anybody earn a living programming in python?

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 10:18:48 EDT 2006

Paul Boddie wrote:

> One example I read recently [1] described how the marketplace
> in Oslo, Norway is currently short of 300-500 Java developers, but if
> you look beneath the surface, knowing that there are lots of Java
> developers out there looking for work, a gulf between the story and the
> facts emerges

Um, how many of these "lots of Java developers looking for work" live
in, or are willing to relocate to, Oslo? Another point might be that
many ads prefix the offered position with "senior", and my guess is
that most of those looking for work don't really qualify, for any
reasonable definition of "senior".

George