Daemonizing python

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 02:23:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

what is the main difference of running a python program as a daemon or
as a cronjob?

I have written a program at work that checks all internet connections of
our failover sites and saves the results in a MySQL-database.
The whole program is made with django (a webframework) so I had to be
sure that the "checking procedure" is done every 30 minutes.

I used a cronjob for that job, but I don't know if a daemon would be
better...

--
homepage: http://www.the-grudge.net
ICQ: 9450091