SQLwaterheadretard3 (Was: Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?)

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Mon Sep 11 08:52:40 EDT 2006

mensanator at aol.com wrote:
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>> mensanator at aol.com wrote:
>>> Probably just me. I've only been using Access and SQL Server
>>> for 12 years, so I'm sure my opinions don't count for anything.
>>>
>> SQLite never pretended to be a full-blown RDBMS - just a lightweight
>> simple embedded database as SQL-compliant as possible.
>
> Ah, *you* haven't read the documentation either!

I use SQLite and PgSQL (and, alas, MySQL) on a daily basis. So I've *of
course* read the doc (and frequently re-read it).

> "as SQL-compliant as possible"?

Yes. And yes, I know about the typing issue. If you want to make sure
you can migrate your data to a real RDBMS, then it's up to you to take
appropriate precautions (FormEncode can be a real helper here...).

This (documented enough) issue apart, we have far less troubles with
SQLite than we have with MySQL, on both the dev and admin sides.

And FWIW, insulting peoples won't buy you much.

(snip useless rant again)

--
bruno desthuilliers