Ideal python idle

Rainy ak at silmarill.org
Sun Sep 24 12:32:44 EDT 2006

James Stroud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I decided that the ultimate python IDE would basically be a vim editor
> with a hotkey or button that ran the currently edited module as
> "__main__", allowing gui (tkinter, wx) windows to spawn etc.
[snip]

Hi James, I'm sure I'm missing something here, but doesn't :!python %
command run the script as __main__? It sure does spawn gui windows for
me. What exactly is the problem with using that command? It does not
return you to the line where the error happened but the runscript.vim
you mentioned doesn't seem to do that either.

-Rainy