Disabling modules using Modules/Setup

Ben Weintraub benwei at veriwave.com
Fri Sep 8 20:04:32 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to cross-compile Python and I've gotten the compilation
working, but I would like to disable many of the modules from building
or installing.  I've read through the help in Modules/Setup and I see
how it can be used to override setup.py for specifying where things are,
but I have not been able to figure out a way to have it disable a
specific module altogether.  Is this possible?

I also found the disabled_module_list variable in setup.py.  Is this the
preferred method of disabling certain modules altogether, as opposed to
Modules/Setup?

Thanks so much,
Ben