Python 2.5 Installation and Tkinter

milan_sanremo hancock.robert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:03:08 EDT 2006

Under Solaris 10 I installed tcl 8.5 and tk8.5 and they work just fine.
 I built both with
./configure -prefix /usr/local/python/lib

I then set LD_RUN_PATH to /usr/local/python/lib and ran the ./configure
for Python 2.5 with no arguments.  When I run make, it states:

INFO: Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers
running build_scripts

I verified that the libraries are in /usr/local/python/lib.  If I run
/usr/local/python/bin/wish8.5 it works.

My path incudes /usr/local/python/bin:/usr/local/python/lib.

How do I get Python to recognize Tcl/Tk for the build?