stock quotes

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Sep 13 23:36:07 EDT 2006

    don> I would like to download stock quotes from the web, store them, do
    don> calculations and sort the results.  However I am fairly new and
    don> don't have a clue how to parse the results of a web page download.
    don> I can get to the site, but do not know how to request the certain
    don> data need.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I would really
    don> appreciate it.

Before you launch into a screen scraping exercise, you might want to check
around to see if there are any web services apis which already provide stock
quotes.  This might be a good place to start:

    http://www.programmableweb.com/

Skip