python vs java

Morph morph84 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 11:28:18 EDT 2006

On 9/6/06, Aravind <aravindmail007 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hi,
>
> some of my friends told that python and java are similar in the idea of
> platform independency. Can anyone give me an idea as i'm a newbie to java
> and python but used to C++. My idea is to develop an app which can run
> both
> in windows and linux.

  IMHO i think that in general Python is better than Java for many reason:

  1) Java - statically typed, all variable name must be explicitly declared

  1) Python - you never declare anything. An assignment statement binds a
name to
  an object, and the object can be of any type.

  2) Java - verbose, too many words than are necessary.

  2) Python - concise, clean-cut brevity.

  3) Java - not compact

  3) Python - Compact

  stupid example:

Java

  public class HelloWorld
  {
    public static void main (String[] args)
    {
        System.out.println("Hello, world!");
    }
  }

Python

  print "Hello, world"

  4)Python - You can create mixed list
  4)Java - You can't

  5) Java learning is not fast and easy
  5) Python learning is fast and easy also for newbie developers

There are other many advantages but it depends from what you want do.

--
Morph

"Non sono i popoli a dover aver paura dei propri governi, ma i governi che
devono aver paura dei propri popoli."

(V)