PersistenceDict Question

Javier Subervi javier_subervi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 08:58:13 EDT 2006

Hi;
I'm trying to get a module to work in a Plone product. I am running Python 2.3.5. Here is the error I'm getting:

2006-09-23T14:11:43 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ExternalSiteCatalog
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/278/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 673, in import_product
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ExternalSiteCatalog/__init__.py", line 36, in ?
    from Products.ExternalSiteCatalog.tool import ExternalSiteCatalog
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ExternalSiteCatalog/tool.py", line 57, in ?
    from Products.ExternalSiteCatalog.content import ExternalSiteCatalogTaskProperties
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ExternalSiteCatalog/content/__init__.py", line 27, in ?
    import ExternalSiteCatalogTask
  File "/usr/local/zope/instance2/Products/ExternalSiteCatalog/content/ExternalSiteCatalogTask.py", line 32, in ?
    from persistent.dict import PersistentDict
ImportError: No module named persistent.dict

I find no "persistent.dict" anywhere. However, I do find a "PersistentDict.py", and it appears that it is not in my version of Python. I went ahead and added it, then rebooted my server since I couldn't figure out how to restart Python (please tell me how to do that). But my Zope still threw the same error. How do I deal with this?
TIA,
Javier 2