BaseHTTPServer weirdness

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 11 20:35:10 EDT 2006

Ron Garret wrote:
> In article <mailman.294.1158010161.5279.python-list at python.org>,
>  Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>

>>But basically, you aren't providing a CGI environment, and that's why
>>cgi.parse() isn't working.
>

> Clearly.  So what should I be doing?  Surely I'm not the first person to
> have this problem?
>
> I have managed to work around this for now by copying and modifying the
> code in cgi.parse, but this still feels like a Horrible Hack to me.

Let me get this right. You are aware that CGIHTTPServer module exists.
But you don't want to use that. Instead you want to use your own code.
So you have ended up duplicating some of the functionality of the cgi
library. And it feels like a hack.

Have I missed anything? :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119