Extra Newby question - Trying to create md5 File Listing

Jim jxjohns at lifeway.com
Thu Sep 28 09:40:57 EDT 2006

Gabriel and Dennis, than you for all your help.  I ended up talking to
a friend a work about it and here's what we cam up with.  It's very
similar to your suggestions so again, thanks.  I just need to add a
machine name so I can get a md5 log from multiple machines and put it
in a database for version control monitoring.

Blessings, Jim.

#!/usr/bin/python
# Filename: md5makr.py

import sys
import os, os.path
import glob
import md5
import ConfigParser

config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.read('md5makr.ini')

outputfilname = config.get('general', 'outputfile')
f = file(outputfilname,'wt')
fileconfig = config.get('general', 'inputfiles')
# print 'fileconfig is ', fileconfig

fl = file(fileconfig,'r')
pathlist = [fli.strip() for fli in fl.readlines()]
# print 'fileData is ', fileData  # so far so good

for p in pathlist:
  filelist = glob.glob(p)
  for fn in filelist:
    data = file(fn,'rb').read()