SQLObject or SQLAlchemy?

lazaridis_com ilias at lazaridis.com
Wed Sep 6 07:47:10 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> lazaridis_com wrote:
> > Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> >> Then your post is irrelevant since there's a clear indication that the
> >> OP question was about RDBMS integration in Python (hint: SQLObject and
> >> SQLAlchemy both start with 'SQL').
> >
> > Of course it's relevant.
>
> Of course not.

You are right.

It's not relevant for _you_.

> > "I'm just wondering what everyone's preference is, and why, and if
> > there are even more choices for ORM."
>
> You may not know it but the R in ORM stands for Relational, which
> actually implies a RDBMS.

...which is completely irrelevant to _me_.

Thus I'm looking for an ORM which decouples the "R" part nicely.

> > The "persist case" evaluates python persistency
>
> Once again, it has nothing to do with persistency. I can use an ORM
> connected to an in-memory SQLite db.

What _you_ do is not _my_ use case.

> > systems (or mechanisms), and will show my personal preference:
>
> I don't give a damn about your "personal preferences".

_You_ are not the central part of this topic.

_I_ am not the central part of this topic.

The OP asked for "personal preferences":

 "I'm just wondering what everyone's preference is, and why, and if
there are even more choices for ORM."

I present my personal preferences here:

http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Persist

nothing special.