getting quick arp request

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 04:42:59 EDT 2006

kondal wrote:
> > Something is limiting the TCP/IP connections from my python program at
> > 10 maximum at the same time.
> > I do not see this limit in my code.
> > I did not bumped over the 4226 error.
> >
> > => Where does this limit come from.
> > => How can I overcome it.
>
> You can just edit it by creating a new key in the registry.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM - CurrentControlSet - Services -Tcpip -
> Parameters
>
> Create a DWORD key named "TcpNumConnections" and set the value to
> 00fffffe or 16777214.

That's the maximum number of connections, which is unlikely to be what
he's running up against. It's more likely the original poster is
hitting the max number of half-open connections, which is limited to 10
(exactly the figure he's seeing). Perhaps the 4226 event just isn't
appearing for some reason. I've had that myself sometimes.

There is an unofficial OS-level patch for this behaviour at this
address: http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

No idea if it works or if it's safe, but many people use it.

--
Ben Sizer