Validating CSS in python

Jan Niklas Fingerle usenet-2004 at lithe.de
Tue Sep 12 17:11:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to validate CSS in python. I could take the grammar from w3.org
[1] and throw it against one of the many python parsing libraries, but
I still hope there's a ready-to-use solution somewhere around. The big
point is that I don't want to *understand* CSS, I just need to validate
it (and report errors back to whoever wrote the CSS). Therefore a parser
that doesn't complain on W3C-approved errors [2] won't help.

I'm looking for a not too non-standard solution. Anything pure-python is
OK, anything that uses C libraries, should be OK, too, interfacing to
the W3C-Validator [3] would be too java...

Any ideas?

Cheers,
  --Jan Niklas

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/grammar.html