IDLE - Customizing output format

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Sep 24 17:09:18 EDT 2006

>> And I am wondering at your continual surprise when the rest of the world
>> fails to share your perceptions. Doesn't this carry *any* information?
>
> not the rest of the world, but the rest of the python community.
>
> That's a big difference.
>
> So it looks that I have to code to change the output format.
>
> Reminds me 'good old days'.

Gosh. Shocking. A programmer is supposed to program if he wants a
program to behave differently. When the heck has this world mutated from
a place where uttering nonsense made it immediately happen, as if by magic?

I can recall two times that has been the case before:

  - paradise. Ended presumably 6000 years ago, according to your local
intelligent designer outlet.

  - dot-com era, unfortunately only for funding ideas, not so much
developing or even successfully deploying them. Ended 2001.

Obviously historians have to consider a third period: the golden times
of Illias wishful thinking reign, a collectively unnoticed time which
only records could be found if brain scanning was more developed in just
one brain in the world. Yours.

Diez