ElementTree and proper identation?

Wed Sep 27 13:57:34 EDT 2006

I've been doing a little studying of ElementTree and it doesn't seem
very satisfactory for writing XML files that are properly
formatted/indented. I saw on the website that there is an
indent/prettyprint function, but this isn't listed in the Python docs
and I didn't see it after doing a dir(), so I guess it isn't a part of
the Python version.

Did I miss something somewhere else, or can you just not use ElementTree
to write formatted XML files as they'd look if done by hand?

Thanks.