How to get ip setting, dynamic ip or static ip?

Roger Upole rupole at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 22:28:58 EDT 2006

"kode4u" <kode4u at gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158844868.766047.73270 at b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> How to use python get my windows box's ip setting type? Dynamic ip, or
> static ip?
>
> If it's static ip, what's the exact value?

You can use WMI to list properties of your network adapter(s):
import win32com.client
wmi=win32com.client.GetObject('winmgmts:')
adapters=wmi.InstancesOf('Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration')
for adapter in adapters:
    print adapter.Properties_['Caption'], adapter.Properties_['DhcpEnabled'], adapter.Properties_['IpAddress']

       Roger