What's up with site.Quitter?

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 27 00:20:39 EDT 2006

Hello All,

Still jubilantly configuring my work environment for python 2.5, I came
accross a curiosity when writing an automatic vim syntax file creator
(so I can automatically update my syntax coloring with future python
releases).

It seems I can find a reference to just about every type except those
for "exit" and "quit" in the standard library somewhere. E.g.:

py> type(__builtins__.Ellipsis) is types.EllipsisType
True

However, in an appearant break with consistency, this can not be done
for "exit" and "quit" because site.Quitter is nested inside of the
setquit() function in the site.py module.

Would moving this class definition to module level be something that
would meet with great resistance?

I was thinking of posting to python-dev, but that list looked pretty
high-level.

James

--
James Stroud