Two ethernet cards/networks (still)

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Thu Sep 7 13:56:56 EDT 2006

There is a lot to stuff that seems to skirt around this issue (most of which
has to do with finding your IP address), but I can't find anything that
explains how to write a client that (in my case) needs to collect some
information from some equipment on a private network/Ethernet card, then
transmit that info on the other Ethernet card/"outside" network to another
program (which will put it into a db).

"binding to a specific address is almost never used for a client", sez
Foundations of Python Network Programming, but is that how it's done??  Each
card has a fixed IP address.  It's on Windows at this time if that makes any
difference.

Thanks!

Bob