Verify an e-mail-adress - syntax and dns

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEME.cybersource.com.au
Tue Sep 26 00:45:52 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:11:38 +0200, Christophe wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
>> By memory, in an thread about the same topic just a few days ago, Fredrik
>> Lundh posted a link to Perl's FAQs that suggests a method for "validating"
>> email addresses: treat it like a password and ask the user to type it
>> twice. That will protect against simple typos and input errors.
>
> I hate that thing. When I see that, I type my email once and copy/paste
> into the second edit box.

So do I -- even for passwords. (Oooh, I live on the edge... *wink*)

> This is useless AND annoying at the same time.

But people like us don't screw up our email address in the first place,
and if we do, we know how to fix it. Not everybody is like us.

--
Steven D'Aprano