Timeline for Python?

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 22:43:23 EDT 2006

On 1 Sep 2006 00:57:04 -0700, crystalattice <crystalattice at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd write for 2.4, even though 2.5 should be coming out "shortly".
> There aren't many significant changes to the whole language between 2.4
> and 2.5.  Probably the best thing is write for 2.4 and have a sidenote
> stating where 2.5 operates differently.
> The Python 3 timeline is almost a moving target right now; personally,
> I don't think it will be out before next winter.  Maybe a beta but I
> doubt the full version.

Maybe I forgot to tell, but its going to take me at least 6 month to
finish the book, then there is a proofreading stage with the publisher
and then the release, so it will take about 1 year (about end of
2007), that is why I am thinking in 2.5 and 3.
What do you think about it?

--
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info
Lriser: http://www.linspire.com/lraiser_success.php?serial=318