Secure XMLRPC Server / PEM Files

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Mon Sep 11 15:13:16 EDT 2006

Daniel Crespo írta:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to implement a secure xmlrpc server with basis on
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496786 recipe.
> The thing that I'm concerned about is how can I get/create rapidly the
> .pem files (the key and cert).
>
> Any help?

Hello,

If you have OpenSSL installed, you can do the following:

1. Create a new directory and place the two attached files in it
(openssl.cnf and generate.sh)
2. Run  "chmod +x gen_cert.sh ; ./gen_cert.sh  yourdomain.com"
3. Answer to the questions. Be sure that your common name is your domain
name.

Then you will find PEM and DER formatted files. You should use the
unencrypted key.pem and cert.pem files.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Best,

   Laszlo