sqlite3 error

Fri Sep 29 09:50:27 EDT 2006

John Machin wrote:

> The problems are (1) there are cultures that don't have the concept of
> a surname, and if they do, it may not be the "last name" (2) the name
> may consist of only one word (giving you problems with "not null") or
> not even be a word.
>
> It gets better:
>
> Iceland: Jon Bjornsson and Hildur Bjornsdottir are the children of
> Bjorn Eiriksson
>
> etc. etc.

Ok, you make me want to crawl under my desk and whimper until 5pm. :)

Fortunately my program is just a test to give me something to do, and
will only use the names of people already working here that happen to
(for the most part) fit into my model (although they *are* all foreign,
so it's good to keep these exceptions in mind.) And I guess it never
hurts to consider these things for future expansion either.