Gadfly server startup error

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Sep 13 10:35:03 EDT 2006

Ralf Muschall wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>

>>You're already doing better than I am. On Cygwin 2.5rc2 and Windows
>>2.4.2 I can't even get it to runs its tests properly:
>

> I don't remember whether I looked into that at all.

>>NameError: global name 'Server' is not defined

>>Time to report a bug, methinks? Makes SQLite look good  ...
>

> Carl Waldbieser reported this bug (and a few others, including
> fixes) in April 04 (entry 94049[35]).  It seems the project
> fell asleep four years ago (but in "News" on SF is a more recent
> message from the author pointing to xsdb).

Yes, the whole Gadfly SF web seems to be a bit of a mess.

That news page talks about a "new release", but nothing has actually
been released, so I presume that code is in SVN now. Frankly I'm not
encouraged to use it, though it's a pity: I discussed Gadfly somewhat in
"Python Web Programming", and it would have been nice to see it survive.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119