OO on python real life tutorial?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Sep 1 09:29:17 EDT 2006

"filippo" wrote:

> I coded my +10k lines app using Perl/Tk. It is something like a hotel
> software manager, it has a bunch of windows to manage the arrivals,
> bills etc etc. I want to port this on Python/WxPython but I'd like to
> get benefit of python, not just doing a row by row raw porting.
>
> My problem is that I cannot figure out how OO could be useful in my
> case. Is there a OO tutorial out there to help me?

How many do you need ? ;-)

Here's Jay Parlar's proposed class intro for the python tutorial:

    http://pytut.infogami.com/node11-baseline.html

I haven't seen them myself, but the related ShowMeDo videos might be
helpful:

    http://showmedo.com/videos/series?name=IntroductionToPythonObjectsUsingIPython_JerolH

See also chapters 12-16 in "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist":

    http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

</F>